I am very excited to present to you the final product to complete the VASO series “trifecta” – VasoSeven . This is an absolutely perfect adjunct to everyone’s postcontest transition period, and offseason bulking phase. VasoSeven will aid in prevention of potential body fat gain, while priming the bodies metabolic rate for staying ultra lean coming out of a severe dieting phase.
VasoSeven can be used anytime, whether dieting or in a gaining phase , but lean gaining phases are where it can shine to minimize fat gain; VasoSeven is the perfect product for transitioning into a lean offseason or bulking phase
So you’ve been on an ultra-strict precontest diet for the last 4 months and you have been painfully lean for the last month before your contest or photoshoot. You’ve been having dreams of devouring thousands of calories worth of body fat promoting, tasty treats that have been forbidden from your current plan.
First off — pull your head out of the clouds, and splash some water on your face — snap out of it! You want to make the absolute most out of your offseason or “improvement season,” and maximize muscle growth while minimizing worthless fat gain. Your body is primed for nutrient storage after a treacherous low-calorie dieting phase. While muscle cells are prime candidates for amino acid, glucose and micronutrient storage, your adipose tissue is even more starved for nutrient replenishment. If you overeat on the wrong foods…. say goodbye to your thin-skinned caliper measurements and awesome surface veins, and hello to annoying lower back fat, and unsightly abdominal squishiness. (For females gluteal fat storage and inner thighs and hamstrings).
Putting your body through the extremes of rigorous dieting practices can put immense stress on your hormonal systems. Prolonged carbohydrate restriction, which inevitably happens to achieve abnormal levels of leanness, can suppress thyroid function and ultimately hinder your metabolism.
The stress hormone cortisol is also magnified during the final stages of an extreme diet due to central nervous system (CNS) overstimulation from:
Yohimbine HCL usage
I will also note that high level competitors or gym rats that partake in the usage of performance enhancing agents will oftentimes discontinue usage or lower dosages after ending a contest preparation. This leads to a troublesome cortisol rebound effect from exogenous hormones no longer occupying the glucocorticoid receptors. This phenomenon, compounded with the severe dieting endured from the months prior, is a recipe for poor body composition aftermath.
What is so special about VasoSeven?
Most people know I like to stay current with new and innovative material, whether about nutrition research, new dietary practices, or potential new supplement ingredients. However, I also don’t jump on the bandwagon prematurely and align myself with an idea, practice, or product without knowing it actually is legit.
VasoSeven is nothing new, nothing groundbreaking and surely nothing “game-changing” (gosh, I hate when supplement companies use that phrase!). In fact, the ingredient in VasoSeven is rather oldschool and has been in this industry for years.
So why am I caring about an “oldschool” ingredient that has been around for years?
The answer is simple– because I am delivering the ingredient into tissues at a clinical dose and efficiently through percutaneous absorption –> via topical application. 7-oxo-dhea is a metabolite of the multifaceted adrenal hormone dhea. It is different than plain dhea as it’s incapable of converting into androgens and estrogens , which makes it safe to use for both men and women.
I could run on and on with all the scientific jargon dealing with 7-oxo-dhea and bore you with over-complicated charts, graphs, and numbers that is usually overlooked anyways by most antsy readers. Instead, I’ll bypass that option and get straight down to business, and condense and simplify this oldschool ingredient with a kickbutt delivery system.
LET’S START WITH THE BAD AND THEN TALK ABOUT THE GOOD.
Here is a rundown of the BAD things t hat happen to your endocrine system during & after extreme dieting– Dropping calories drops your metabolism – and your testosterone levels.(2) * Women don’t fear the “T word” as you don’t have testicles*
Once the metabolism drops off the fat loss stops, the more the calories get cut, the worse it gets. Even worse is when testosterone levels start to decline – This is pretty much sudden death for any further fat loss.
*hormonally enhanced athletes are excluded from the testosterone suppressing effects mentioned above, except if they cease usage post dieting*
Ever get cold hands while dieting? This is the effect of a suppressed metabolism. The body stops burning calories, so body temperature drops. For the experienced dieters who have been on their fair share of strict fat-loss diets– they are all too familiar with the following effects:
Lowered body temperature
Lack of blood flow (joint stiffness)
Everything slows down – blood flow, hormone production, and energy availability. It sucks. ( 2)
If anyone follows my personal contest endeavors or the athletes I coach — you might be familiar with me being a big proponent of staying respectfully lean — even in the off-season. I like my clients to approach the fragile post-contest period as precise and accurate as they do with their final few days before hitting the stage.
If they mess this small window of time up — it could cost them their valuable “improvement season” initiation phase, which is crucial to making noteworthy lean mass gains. I know their calories have been pretty low for a decent amount of time, so I want to be cautious of over-feeding them too quickly. Adding in a multi-faceted and clinically proven ingredient like 7 – Keto ™ found in VasoSeven in a highly absorbable topical application will be paramount in aiding in the prevention of inactive cortisone→ converting into cortisol. That basically means that the actives in VasoSeven will block the enzyme responsible for this conversion by deactivating or “occupying” the 11b-HSD1 (1 1-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase) enzyme. — T his lowers cortisol production in selective tissues — ( think abs).
Here are some of the cool things VasoSeven can do once it’s delivered into target tissues:
VasoSeven Ramps up Thermogenic Enzymes. Thermogenic = Heat producing 7-oxo-dhea ramps up sn-glycerol 3-phosphate dehydrogenase ( GPDH) and cytosolic malic enzyme t o increase thermogenesis–> via ramping up T3 potentiation. ( 9)
7-oxo-dhea has the following effects:
Makes fat loss 4x more effective than diet or exercise alone
Activates 3 primary thermogenic enzymes (fatty acyl CoA , malic enzyme, glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase)
Increases metabolism by 5.4%
Keeps the metabolism elevated during low-calorie eating
Anecdotally demonstrated to lessen fat gain during overfeeding periods
Other noteworthy benefits of VasoSeven:
I remember using several forms of 7-oxo-dhea about 12 years ago with inconsistent results until I found a version in topical application. I recall using the transdermal version during my earlier “ bulking phases” and noticed something cool — it seemed to keep me ( and people I trained with) leaner. I honestly couldn’t tell you the approximate dosage that was delivered through the skin, but I would bet it was at least 100-200 mgs ( which is what oral application has shown to be effective clinically.)
Fast-forward to present day and now I want to bring this underrated ingredient back from hibernation and into the Bodybuilding arena once again — but with a delivery system that will make it shine and do its magic.
*Note* C linical trials demonstrated 7 keto™ at an oral dose of 100 mg twice a day to be effective in lowering cortisol, increasing thyroid, and enhancing immune system. However, oral bioavailability is low — somewhere in the 3 -5% range. Topical administration of 7-oxo-dhea will deliver anywhere from 20-30% of active ingredients into the body. This is where you will see VasoSeven shine over oral administration.
How should I stack other products with VasoSeven?
#1 – VasoBurn is used during the onset of your fat-loss journey, digging into stubborn subcutaneous fat stores and releasing them as a fuel substrate. Apply to lower back, abs, glutes and stubborn fatty areas 1-2 x’s a day. ( stop using 1 week out from contest or special event–switch to VasoDry)
#2 – VasoDry is used during the final 7 days before presenting the final product of your physique to the stage (or special event), sucking out all lingering subcutaneous water retention. You will use 4 pumps twice a day for 7 days — 8 pumps total. Apply to same stubborn areas you apply VasoBurn to. (stop using post contest or special event–switch to VasoSeven)
#3A – VasoSeven is used right after your contest or special event is over and shifting into your off-season lean-mass phase. Used for maintaining leanness by mitigating cortisol, and increasing the metabolic rate through active thyroid (T3) potentiation. Each pump of VasoSeven yields 25 mg of 7 keto ™ — Use 4 pumps twice a day for 200 mg total per day. Apply to the following areas: abdominal region, inner arms, inner thighs, neck area. ( can use as long as you please as no serious side effects have been demonstrated)
#3B – VasoSeven can be employed while extreme dieting to keep thyroid output elevated and regulate cortisol levels from a high stress environment. The user could use VasoBurn in the early A.M. hours and VasoSeven in the evening. This could essentially be thought of as — burn subcutaneous fat in the first half of the day with VasoBurn– -→ Then burn Visceral Adipose Tissue ( VAT) i n the evening hours with VasoSeven as 7keto ™ has been demonstrated to initiate visceral fat (fat surrounding internal organs) oxidation via → anti-glucocorticoid properties by inhibiting an enzyme called – 1 1beta-hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase ( 11B-HSD1), which blocks cortisone→ to cortisol conversion from going back and forth.
One more thing to consider…
I know I have been talking about Bodybuilding “contests” and “off-seasons” and all things related to being a competitive fitness athlete, but make no mistake that ALL VASO series products can be used by any and everyone that is serious about their physique goals.
You know I always pride myself on quality, integrity, and maintaining a strong m oral compass. So I will always ensure MPA Supps products uses clinical doses and the highest quality ingredients, which are 9 times out of 10 typically patented and USA derived. VasoSeven i s the clinically proven form of 7 – Keto ™ DHEA from InterHealth Nutraceuticals Incorporated.
Please take your off-season or gaining period seriously and stay mentally disciplined with keeping unnecessary body fat gain to a minimum. Use VasoSeven a s a helpful tool alongside prudent dieting practices during the time most other people get sloppy and fat.
Where are the best places to apply VasoSeven?
I recommend applying VasoSeven onto areas of the body that displays a high concentration of the 11b-HSD1 enzyme content. This would be the abdominal region – – which is prone to subcutaneous, visceral & omental fat accumulation. Visceral adipose tissue (VAT) is the buildup of fat surrounding your organs which is often caused by excessive cortisol production and faulty insulin management. You can also apply VasoSeven to thin-skinned areas of the body — inner arms, inner thighs, even the neck.
What are the ingredients in VasoSeven?
Water (Aqua/Eua), Ethyl Alcohol, Glycerine, Dimethyl Isosorbide, 7-keto® (3-B-Acetoxyandrost-5-ene-7, 17-Dione), Propylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine.
*Attention Athletes: Check with your governing Athletic Association before using.
*7-keto® is a registered trademark of Interhealth N.J.
Directions for VasoSeven usage:
Apply 4 pumps of VasoSeven twice daily after ensuring skin is clean, dry and free of excessive body hair. Each pump contains 25mg of 7-Keto. Therefore 8 pumps per day equals a 200mg daily dose of 7-Keto.
Apply to: Entire abdominal area, inside of arms, neck/trap area, inside of thighs.
Research and References:
1. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2003 Apr 15;412(2):251-8. Glucocorticoids inhibit interconversion of 7-hydroxy and 7-oxo metabolites of dehydroepiandrosterone: a role for 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases? Robinzon B, Michael KK, Ripp SL, Winters SJ, Prough RA.
2. Steroids. 2004 Feb;69(2):137-44. Antioxidant effects of dehydroepiandrosterone and
7alpha-hydroxy-dehydroepiandrosterone in the rat colon, intestine and liver. Pelissier MA, Trap C, Malewiak MI, Morfin R.
3. Drug Metab Dispos. 2004 Mar;32(3):305-13. Stereo- and regioselectivity account for the diversity of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) metabolites produced by liver microsomal cytochromes P450. Miller KK, Cai J, Ripp SL, Pierce WM Jr, Rushmore TH, Prough RA.
4. Biochemistry. 2002 Apr 30;41(17):5473-82. Molecular differences caused by differentiation of 3T3-L1 preadipocytes in the presence of either dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) or 7-oxo-DHEA. Gomez FE, Miyazaki M, Kim YC, Marwah P, Lardy HA, Ntambi JM, Fox BG.
5. Brain Res. 2003 Apr 18;969(1-2):117-25. In vitro metabolism of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) to 7alpha-hydroxy-DHEA and Delta5-androstene-3beta,17beta-diol in specific regions of the aging brain from Alzheimer”s and non-demented patients. Weill-Engerer S, David JP, Sazdovitch V, Liere P, Schumacher M, Delacourte A, Baulieu EE, Akwa Y.
6. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2001 May 15;389(2):278-87. Metabolism of DHEA by cytochromes P450 in rat and human liver microsomal fractions. Fitzpatrick JL, Ripp SL, Smith NB, Pierce WM Jr, Prough RA.
7. Clin Invest Med. 2000 Oct;23(5):300-10. Safety and pharmacokinetic study with escalating doses of
3-acetyl-7-oxo-dehydroepiandrosterone in healthy male volunteers. Davidson M, Marwah A, Sawchuk RJ, Maki K, Marwah P, Weeks C, Lardy H.
8. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999 Jan 8;254(1):120-3. An acute oral gavage study of
3beta-acetoxyandrost- 5-ene-7,17-dione (7-oxo-DHEA-acetate) in rats. Lardy H, Henwood SM, Weeks CE.
9. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2002 Feb 15;767(2):285-99. Ergosteroids. VI. Metabolism of dehydroepiandrosterone by rat liver in vitro: a liquid chromatographic-mass spectrometric study. Marwah A, Marwah P, Lardy H.
10. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2003 May 30;203(1-2):13-23. Evidence that dehydroepiandrosterone, DHEA, directly inhibits GnRH gene expression in GT1-7 hypothalamic neurons. Cui H, Lin SY, Belsham DD.
11. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2003 Feb;84(2-3):307-16. The content of four immunomodulatory steroids and major androgens in human semen. Hampl R, Pohanka M, Hill M, Starka L.
12. Bioorg Chem. 2002 Aug;30(4):233-48. Ergosteroids VII: perchloric acid-induced transformations of
7-oxygenated steroids and their bio-analytical applications–a liquid chromatographic-mass spectrometric study. Marwah A, Marwah P, Lardy H.
13. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2002 Dec;83(1-5):245-51. Prohormones and sport. Delbeke FT, Van Eenoo P, Van Thuyne W, Desmet N.
14. Steroids. 2000 Mar;65(3):124-9. The effect of 7-oxo-DHEA acetate on memory in young and old C57BL/6 mice. Shi J, Schulze S, Lardy HA.
15. J Ex Physiology online. 1999 2(4). Double-Blind Study Evaluating the Effects of Exercise Plus
3-Acetyl-7-oxo-dehydroepiandrosterone on Body Composition and Endocrine System in Overweight Adults. Colker CM, Torina GC, Swain MA, Kalman DS.
16. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1997 May 1;341(1):122-8. The effects of the ergosteroid
7-oxo-dehydroepiandrosterone on mitochondrial membrane potential: possible relationship to thermogenesis. Bobyleva V, Bellei M, Kneer N, Lardy H.
17. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999 Jan 8;254(1):124-6. An escalating dose oral gavage study of
3beta-acetoxyandrost-5-ene-7, 17-dione (7-oxo-DHEA-acetate) in rhesus monkeys. Henwood SM, Weeks CE, Lardy H.
18. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2003 Aug;41(8):1081-6. Relationship of dehydroepiandrosterone and its
7-hydroxylated metabolites to thyroid parameters and sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) in healthy subjects. Hampl R, Hill M, Bilek R, Starka L.
19. Yao Xue Xue Bao. 2003 Dec;38(12):881-4. [Effects of 7-oxo-DHEA treatment on the immunoreactivity of BALB/c mice subjected to chronic mild stress] [Article in Chinese]. Liu YY, Yang N, Kong LN, Zuo PP.
20. Physiol Res. 2000;49 Suppl 1:S107-12. 7-Hydroxydehydroepiandrosterone–a natural antiglucocorticoid and a candidate for steroid replacement therapy? Hampl R, Lapcik O, Hill M, Klak J, Kasal A, Novacek A, Sterzl I, Sterzl J, Starka L.
21. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1999 Dec 15;71(3-4):133-7. 7Beta-OH-DHEA counteracts dexamethasone induced suppression of primary immune response in murine spleenocytes. Sterzl I, Hampl R, Sterzl J, Votruba J, Starka L.
22. Physiol Res. 2001;50(1):9-18. Effects of transdermal application of 7-oxo-DHEA on the levels of steroid hormones, gonadotropins and lipids in healthy men. Sulcova J, Hill M, Masek Z, Ceska R, Novacek A, Hampl R, Starka L.
23. Int Rev Neurobiol. 2001;46:79-95. Neurosteroid 7-hydroxylation products in the brain. Morfin R, Starka L.
24. Steroids. 2001 Jul;66(7):581-95. Ergosteroids IV: synthesis and biological activity of steroid glucuronosides, ethers, and alkylcarbonates. Marwah
P, Marwah A, Kneer N, Lardy H.
25. F ront Horm Res. 2008;36:146-64. doi: 10.1159/0000115363.
11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 and obesity.
Morton NM1 , S eckl JR.
26. M asuzaki H1 , F lier JS. C urr Drug Tissue-specific glucocorticoid reactivating enzyme, 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (11 beta-HSD1)–a promising drug target for the treatment of metabolic syndrome.
Keep our of reach of children. Keep away from eyes and other sensitive areas. Do not ingest, for Topical use only. Not for use by individuals under the age of 18 or elderly. Consult a physician before using this or any dietary supplements. Do not use if pregnant, nursing, or chronically ill. This product is not intended for individuals who are at risk of or have been treated for high blood pressure, heart disease, thyroid disease, depression, or other psychiatric condition, renal disease, reoccurring