SAMe not only plays an important role in the immune system, it also helps maintain cell membranes. SAMe produces and breaks down certain chemicals in the body. These chemicals, such as serotonin, melatonin, and dopamine, play an important role in pain, depression, liver disease, and other conditions.
Premium Powders S-Adenosyl Methionine Tosylate Disulfate (SAMe) is a naturally occurring chemical found in almost every tissue and fluid in the body but cannot be found in food. It is only produced by the body or made in a laboratory and supplemented.
- Joint Health
- Emotional Well-Being
- Powerful Antioxidant
- HPLC Tested for potency and purity
According to the University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC), there are numerous scientific studies showing that SAMe helps relieve the pain of Osteoarthritis. Clinical trials show SAMe may reduce pain and inflammation in the joints. Researchers also believe it may promote cartilage repair. Short term studies show that in adults with knee, hip, or spine Osteoarthritis, SAMe is as effective as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as Ibuprofen and Naproxen.
There has also been research on the use of SAMe in treatment of liver disease and Fibromyalgia.
According to UMMC, preliminary studies suggest that taking SAMe may help treat chronic liver disease caused by medications or alcoholism. “A study of 123 men and women with alcoholic liver cirrhosis (liver failure) found that SAMe treatment for 2 years improved survival rates and delayed the need for liver transplants better than placebo. Other studies show that SAMe may help normalize levels of liver enzymes in people with liver disease. Studies in mice show that SAMe protects against and can also reverse liver damage.”
S-Adenosyl Methionine Tosylate Disulfate works with Vitamin B12 and Vitamin B6. If supplementing with SAMe, we suggest you also consider our Mega B Complex to avoid deficiency of essential B Vitamins.
Studies suggest that SAMe is more effective than placebo in treating mild-to-moderate depression. Dr. Oz also supports SAMe as a top natural anti-depressant.
What kind of results can I expect from supplementing with S-Adenosyl Methionine Tosylate Disulfate?
- Enhanced Joint Strength
- Promotes Cartilage Repair and Production of Healthy Connective Tissue
- Reduction in Pain from those suffering from Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, and other Degenerative Diseases
- Promotes Healthy Levels of Liver Enzymes and may Reverse Liver Damage
- Reduced Symptoms from Mild-to-Moderate Depression
- May Inhibit Cancer Tumor Cells
Who should supplement with S-Adenosyl Methionine Tosylate Disulfate?
- Anyone suffering from chronic pain related to Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, or Fibromyalgia
- People suffering from Mild-to-Moderate Depression
- People with liver disease or liver damage
- People with deficiencies of Vitamins B6 or B12
- Women suffering from PMS or PMDD should consider supplementing with SAMe
Who should NOT supplement with S-Adenosyl Methionine Tosylate Disulfate?
- Pregnant or nursing women
- Anyone suffering from Bipolar Disorder
- People suffering from Parkinson’s
- Anyone with scheduled surgery within two weeks
What dosage should I take?
As a dietary supplement, take one serving (400mg) twice daily or as recommended by your physician.
What side effects can I expect?
S-Adenosyl Methionine Tosylate Disulfate is likely safe for most adults. It can in some cases cause gas, vomiting, and diarrhea or constipation. Rare side effects may include but are not limited to dry mouth, headache, mild insomnia, anorexia, sweating, dizziness, and nervousness, especially at high doses.