It’s very simple – along with building a great physique, you need to equally concern yourself with building great internal health too. I have been on a personal plight as of late to crack the code to the perfect combination of herbs , botanicals , anti-oxidants, phytonutrients , and vitamins to achieve the optimal health and wellness.
I created MPA HeartSolve™ due to my own personal dilemma I had faced since I discovered I was pre-dispositioned to hypertension. My Father was prescribed blood pressure medication at a young age so the seed was already planted. As many are familiar within the Bodybuilding community – competing at a high level requires some extreme measures.
When I was competing, I was pushing the envelope with achieving body weight numbers that were well past my genetic limit. I was eating copious amounts of food to accrue muscle, and I would embark on stimulant use to get through workouts and competition prep. Doing all these things combined with a genetic predisposition to high blood pressure only amplified my health dilemma.
Doctors initially wouldn’t prescribe me medication to control the issue since I was in my 20’s and visually appeared “healthy. ” I knew I needed to find at the very least a natural way to improve overall heart health, which included blood pressure and cholesterol management.
What ingredients are in HeartSolve?
CELERY SEED EXTRACT – 85 % 3 NB
This herbal ingredient is used to mitigate sodium retention by acting as a natural diuretic. Its diuretic properties have been shown to have the most beneficial impact within the body, primarily with the circulatory and musculoskeletal systems. Celery seeds contain a powerful compound by the name of 3-n-butylphthalide (3nB) which is responsible for celery’s outstanding healing properties.
Celery 3nB may reduce fluid retention, which will help your circulatory system regulate blood pressure into a lower range – It helps rid the body of excess water, including the release of fluid surrounding the heart, reducing the heart’s workload. This equates to a healthier, less overtaxed heart muscle.
MPA HeartSolve™ won’t skimp on effective dosing – so you are getting 150 mg per serving, which is generous since it’s also combined with other stellar ingredients.
BENOLEA ® – OLIVE LEAF EXTRACT
Benolea ® contains the active constituents Oleuropein, and polyphenols. Oleuropein is a chemical compound with proven blood pressure lowering effects as demonstrated in a handful of clinical trials.
This ingredient was demonstrated in a clinical trial involving 2 identical twins with pre-hypertension. The doses used in this trial was 500 mg & 1000 mg of olive leaf extract. During the course of the trial — blood pressure changed significantly within twin pairs: mean systolic difference reached up to 6mmHg between the control and the 500mg dose group and up to 13mmHg between the 500 mg and the 1000 mg dose group. Diastolic differences amount of 5 mmHg , respectively.
Even cooler — Another study compared Benolea® to the anti-hypertensive drug Captopril which is an ACE-inhibitor. Scientists compared 500mg and 1000mg of Benolea® compared to 12.5 mg and 25mg of Captopril. After a treatment period of eight weeks, blood pressure was reduced for both groups. The systolic readings decreased by a mean of 11.5 and 13.7 mmHg for the olive leaf and captopril groups, respectively. Also, the diastolic readings decreased by a mean of 4.8 and 6.4mmHg for the olive leaf and captopril groups, respectively. The difference in outcomes between the two groups was not considered significant, and the team concluded that the olive leaf extract “was similarly effective” as the drug option (Captopril) .
Also, the scientists noticed an average 7.8% reduction in triglyceride levels among the olive leaf extract group. The extract group also achieved mean decreases of 2.8% in total cholesterol, and 2.9% in low-density lipoprotein (LDL). There were no such reductions in the drug group.
Scientists speculated that olive leaf extract “might be associated with inhibiting angiotensin-converting enzyme,” an effect that helps relax artery walls.
In a nutshell – Olive Leaf Extract could be similar in effect to popular ACE-inhibitor medications that are often prescribed to hypertension patients. Once again – MPA Supps is giving you a 500mg dose per serving of this awesome and promising ingredient.
MEGANATURAL®-BP – GRAPE SEED EXTRACT
Once again – another patented , and clinically studied natural ingredient demonstrated to support the reduction of blood pressure and increase endothelial function. One study showed individuals with pre-hypertension taking 300mg of MegaNatural®-BP experienced a reduction in blood pressure.The participants took all 300mgs once a day for two months, and blood pressure monitoring averaged in systolic readings 8mmHg lower and diastolic pressure lower by 5mmHg . These studies indicated that MegaNatural®-BP may offer a significant benefit for people with technically healthy blood pressure that typically ranges on the upper end of normal, a condition known as “prehypertension. ” MegaNatural®-BP is multi-faceted, just like the other top notch ingredients in MPA
HeartSolve™ Not only does it help support lowering blood pressure, but it can also aid in:
Nitric Oxide Production
Mitigating Free Radicals
Supporting Immune Function
MegaNatural®-BP is also covered and intellectually protected by 4 patents. This is why MegaNatural®-BP differentiates itself from other inferior grape seed extracts on the market. To coincide with the clinical trials-MegaNatural®-BP will be clinically dosed at 300mg per serving.
BERGAMONTE ® – CITRUS BERGAMOT
Saving the best for last. Citrus Bergamot was turned on to me from my good friend Dante Trudel (owner of TrueNutrition.com). Citrus Bergamot is a very diverse ingredient and has other beneficial properties besides doing amazing things for your cholesterol. BergaMonte® is of course patented, standardized, and clinically tested.
The flavonoid constituents of BergaMonte® are clinically proven to maintain healthy cholesterol levels, namely and most importantly in my opinion — boost HDL cholesterol “good cholesterol.” BergaMonte® is also clinically proven to rectify healthy glucose levels for individuals who are resistant to insulin. A published research article in the Journal of Natural Products 2009 showed that bergamot juice contained novel compounds with statin like principles, having the 3-hydroxy3-methylglutaric acid (HMG) found to the naringin (melitidine) and neohesperidin (brutieridine). These compounds disrupt the synthesis of the cholesterol pathway in our bodies.
The HMG-CoA substrate interferes with the synthesis of the mevalonate acid, negating the production of cholesterol. One clinical trial showed the effects of both 500 mg and 1000 mg of BergaMonte ® on individuals with hypercholesterolemia– revealing the following outcomes:
BergaMonte ® reduced LDL cholesterol by 24% in the 500mg group
BergaMonte ® reduced triglycerides by 30% in the 500mg group
BergaMonte ® reduced total cholesterol by 21%in 500mg group
BergaMonte ® reduced glucose level by 19% in 500mg group
BergaMonte ® reduced LDL cholesterol by 36% in the 1000mg group
BergaMonte ® reduced triglycerides by 38% in the 1000mg group
BergaMonte ® reduced total cholesterol by 29%in 1000mg group
BergaMonte ® reduced glucose level by 22% in 1000mg group
BergaMonte ® will be generously dosed alongside the other powerhouse ingredients at 500 mg per serving.
I have personally been using all of these ingredients for a few years now with improved blood bio-markers across the board, but most importantly for me–better blood pressure management and cholesterol control. These ingredients are especially imperative for serious Bodybuilders pushing their physiques to the upper limit. Many bodybuilders experience extremely skewed lipid profiles with elevated blood pressure. So please make sure to address your internal health while maximizing your outer appearance.
MPA HeartSolve™ uses patented & branded ingredients, alongside a clinically dosed serving size. Make this part of your health & wellness supplement arsenal, and stop buying multiple single ingredients and spending more money when you have 4 ingredients in 1 product with MPA HeartSolve™.
Research & References:
• Perrinjaquet-Moccetti1 T, Busjahn A, Schmidlin C, Schmidt A, Brad B, Aydogan C. Food supplementation with an olive ( Olea europaea ) leaf extract reduces blood pressure in borderline hypertensive monozygotic twins. Phytother. Res. 2008;22:1239-42.
• Khayyal MT, El-Ghazaly MA, Abdall DM, Okpanyi SN, Kreuter MH. Blood pressure lowering effect of an olive leaf extract (Olea europaea) in L-NAME induced hypertension in rats. Arzneimittelforschung . 2002;52(11):797-802.
• Gilani AH, Khan A, Shah AJ, Connor J, Jabeen Q. Blood pressure lowering effect of olive is mediated through calcium channel blockade . Int J Food Sci Nutr . 2005 Dec;56(8):613-20.
• Scheffler A, Rauwald HW, Kampa B, Mann U, Mohr FW, Dhein S. Olea europaea leaf extract exerts L-type Ca2+ channel antagonistic effects . J Ethnopharmacol . 2008 Nov 22;120(2):233-40.
• Perrinjaquet-Moccetti1 T, Busjahn A, Schmidlin C, Schmidt A, Brad B, Aydogan C. Food supplementation with an olive (Olea europaea L.) leaf extract reduces blood pressure in borderline hypertensive monozygotic twins . Res. 2008;22:1239-42.
• Cherif S, Rahal N, Haouala M, et al. A clinical trial of a titrated Olea extract in the treatment of essential arterial hypertension . J Pharm Belg . 1996 Mar-Apr;51(2):69-71.
7 Bennani-Kabchi N, Fdhil H, Cherrah Y, et al. Effects of Olea europaea var. oleaster leaves in hypercholesterolemic insulin-resistant sand rats . Therapie . 1999 Nov-Dec;54(6):717-23.
• Susalit E, Agus N, Effendi I, et al. Olive (Olea europaea) leaf extract effective in patients with stage-1 hypertension: comparison with captopril.
Phytomedicine . 2011 Feb 15;18(4):251-8.
• Choy YY, Quifer-Rada P, Holstege DM, et al. Phenolics metabolites and substantial microbiome changes in pig feces by ingesting grape seed proanthocyanidins. Food Funct. 2014; 5: 2298-2308
• Corder R, Wood EG, Khan NQ. Evaluation of the Antioxidant, vasodilator, anti-proliferative, and anti-adhesion properties of MegaNatural Whole Grape Extract, MegaNatural Grape Seed Extract, and MegaNatural Grape Skin Extract . William Harvey Institute. 2002. Unpublished Manuscript.
• Corder R, Brown RE, Wood EG, et al. Evaluation of MegaNatural Whole Grape Extract, MegaNatural Grape Seed Extract, and MegaNatural Grape Skin Extract. William Harvey Institute. 2002. Unpublished Manuscript.
• Di Lorenzo C, Sousa LP, Pastor RF, et al. Beneficial effects of non-alcoholic grape-derived products on human health : A literature review. Bio Web of Conferences , 38th World Congress of Vine and Wine, 2015.
• Edirisinghe I, Burton-Freeman B, Kappagoda CT Mechanism of the endothelium-dependent relaxation evoked by a grape seed extract . Clin. Sci. 2008; 114: 331- 337.
• Quifer-Rada P, Choy YY, Calvert CC, et al. Use of metabolomics and lipidomics to evaluate the hypocholestreolemic eff ect of Proanthocyanidins from grape seed in a pig model . Mol. Nutr. Food Res. 2016; 00: 1-9
• Park E, Edirisinghe I, Choy YY, Waterhouse A, Burton-Freeman B. Effects of grape seed extract beverage on blood pressure and metabolic indices in individuals with pre-hypertension: a randomised, double-blinded, two-arm, parallel, placebo-controlled trial. Brit. J. Nutr. 2016; 115: 226-38
• Robinson M, Lu B, Edirisinghe I, Kappagoda CT. Effect of grape seed extract on blood pressure subjects with pre-hypertension . J. Pharm. Nutri. Sci. 2012; 155-159.
• Ross Walker, Elzbieta Janda and Vincenzo Mollace. The Use of Bergamot-derived Polyphenol
Fraction in Cardiometabolic Risk Prevention and its Possible Mechanisms of Action . Cardiac Health and Polyphenols. Chp 84, Pg 1085-1103, 2014
• Micaela Gliozzi, Ross Walker, Elzbjeta Janda, Vincenzo Mollace. Bergamot polyphenolic fraction enhances rosuvastatin-induced effect on LDLcholesterol, LOX-1 expression and Protein Kinase B phosphorylation in patients with hyperlipidemia . International Journal of Cardiology Dec 2013, 170(2):140-5
• Vincenzo Mollace, Iolanda Sacco, Elzbieta Janda, Claudio Malara, Domenica Ventrice, Carmen Colica, Valeria Visalli, Saverio Muscoli. Hypolipemic and hypoglycaemic activity of bergamot polyphenols: From animal models to human studies. Fitoterapia 82 (2011) 309–316
• Celia C, Trapasso E, Locatelli M, Navarra M, Ventura CA, Wolfram J, Carafa M, Morittu VM, Britti D, Di Marzio L.. Anticancer activity of liposomal bergamot essential oil (BEO) on human neuroblastoma cells. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2013 Dec 1;112:548-53
21.)Delle Monache S, Sanità P, Trapasso E, Ursino MR, Dugo P, Russo M, Ferlazzo N, Calapai G, Angelucci A, Navarra M. Mechanisms underlying the anti-tumoral effects of Citrus Bergamia juice . PLoS One. 2013 Apr 16;8(4)
22.)Kang P, Suh SH, Min SS, Seol GH. The essential oil of Citrus bergamia Risso induces vasorelaxation of the mouse aorta by activating K(+) channels and inhibiting Ca(2+) influx. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2013 May;65(5):745-9
• Leopoldini M, Malaj N, Toscano M, Sindona G, Russo N. On the inhibitor effects of bergamot juice flavonoids binding to the 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA reductase (HMGR) enzyme . J Agric Food Chem. 2010 Oct 13;58(19):10768-73
• Di Donna L, De Luca G, Mazzotti F, Napoli A, Salerno R, Taverna D, Sindona G. Statin-like principles of bergamot fruit (Citrus bergamia): isolation of 3-hydroxymethylglutaryl flavonoid glycosides . J Nat Prod. 2009 Jul;72(7):1352-4
25.)Mollace V, Ragusa S, Sacco I, Muscoli C, Sculco F, Visalli V, Palma E. The protective effect of bergamot oil extract on lecitine-like oxyLDL receptor-1 expression in balloon injury-related neointima formation . J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther. 2008 Jun;13(2):120-9
26.)Natalizia Miceli, Maria Mondello, Maria Mondorte, Vasileios Sdrafkakis, Paola Dugo, Maria Crupi.
Hypolipidemic effects of bergamot juice in rats Fed a Hypercholesterolemic Diet . J. Agric. Food Chem., Vol. 55, No. 26, 2007
Consult your physician before using this product if you are taking any medications or are under a physician’s care for a medical condition. Not for use by those under the age of 18, women that are pregnant, trying to get pregnant or nursing. Keep out of reach of children and pets. Store in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.