Antaeus Labs Modular Series BAIBA is a dietary supplement containing β-aminoisobutyric acid. Beta-aminoisobutyric acid, or BAIBA for short.
When you exercise, benefits of that exercise are seen in many different organs of the body, not just the muscles that were exercised. These metabolic benefits are the result of “messenger” molecules that are released into the blood stream and travel to other tissues where the benefits of exercise are realised. One such messenger molecule, or “myokine”, is understood to be the amino acid beta-aminoisobutyric acid.
BAIBA is an amino acid that your body produces in response to exercise. After being released into the blood stream, it starts a thermogenic program in fat tissue, raising energy expenditure and reducing weight gain when tested in mice. When mouse or human white fat cells are exposed to BAIBA, some of them become fat-burning “beige” fat cells. Beige (or BRITE) fat cells contain the protein UCP-1 – also known as “thermogenin” because it burns triglycerides to produce heat.
Antaeus Labs Modular Series βAIBA contains just the amino acid BAIBA, in powder form for easy dosing. It’s tasteless and odorless, and mixes well with a soft drink or protein shake. It is suitable for both men and women. BAIBA stacks well with: Antaeus Labs LipoMorph
Studies suggest BAIBA may:
Increase lipolysis and the beta-oxidation of fatty acids (“fat burning”)
Increase body temperature and energy expenditure
Increase ketogenesis (the production of ketone bodies in the liver)
BAIBA is suited for use by:
Those trying to lose weight, in combination with a healthy diet and exercise regime
Those trying to reap the maximal metabolic benefits from their exercise regime
Those who may be temporarily unable to exercise through injury or illness
Facts about BAIBA:
BAIBA is produced naturally by the human body – it’s formed from the catabolism of thymine  and is also product of exercise-induced PGC1a-mediated amino acid breakdown. 
BAIBA increases the utilization of free fatty acids and decreases fat mass in mice. 
BAIBA stimulates the differentiation of white fat cells into thermogenic beige/brite fat cells in both in vivo animal experiments and in vitro human stem cell studies. 
Research and References:
1. β-Aminoisobutyric Acid, a New Probe for the Metabolism of DNA and RNA in Normal and Tumorous Tissue. Cancer Res 34, 1381–1384.
2. The excretion of beta-aminoisobutyric acid following thymine and dihydrothymine administration to man. Aust J Exp Biol Med Sci 39, 423–427.
3. PGC-1α-Mediated Branched-Chain Amino Acid Metabolism in the Skeletal Muscle. PLoS ONE 9, e91006.
4. Effects of zidovudine, stavudine and beta-aminoisobutyric acid on lipid homeostasis in mice: possible role in human fat wasting. Antivir. Ther. (Lond.) 9, 801–810.
5. β-Aminoisobutyric Acid Induces Browning of White Fat and Hepatic β-Oxidation and Is Inversely Correlated with Cardiometabolic Risk Factors. Cell Metabolism 19, 96–108.
6. Come on BAIBA Light My Fire. Cell Metabolism 19, 1–2.
Whats the recommended dosage for BAIBA?
As a dietary supplement, take five-hundred milligrams to one gram daily. Keep out of reach of children.
Consult with your doctor before taking supplements.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.